Defining the Finance Organization has been saved
STEP 6: FIND A WATSON
Defining the Finance Organization
Deliver Financial Excellence and best practices consistently through strategy, people, processes and intelligent systems
How much time? And to what extent will bitcoin, in seeking wide adoption as a currency and as a protocol for new applications, face the hurdle of mainstream consumers’ lack of understanding? Adam Ludwin suggests that people don’t need to understand how the technology works to appreciate it. “It has the quality of early Internet,” he says. “People don’t actually know anything about how it works, but they don’t need to know, or care. They just know they turn their computer on and can check email.”
52% of the world lived in extreme poverty in 1981. This number dropped down by 21% in 2010, as 721 million fewer people no longer live in absolute poverty.
A third, combined ranking lists the top 50 schools for executive education, calculated from the customised and open tables.
16. 最受忽视的真相。“这个行业内有一个神话，就是年轻男性主导着票房，”11月，索尼电影娱乐公司电影组主席汤姆·罗斯曼(Tom Rothman)在接受《好莱坞报道者》(Hollywood Reporter)采访时说。在同一次采访中，沃尔特·迪士尼公司的主席艾伦·F·霍恩(Alan F. Horn)试图把问题简化，“演员薪酬受很多变量影响。比如说，安吉丽娜·朱莉出演《沉睡魔咒》(Maleficent)的片酬就比黛西·雷德利(Daisy Ridley)出演《星球大战》(Star Wars)高，但她们都是女性。”（哦，多谢了艾伦！）
‘The Good Wife’ Once Will (Josh Charles), Alicia’s illicit love interest, died at the end of Season 5, this sexy CBS courtroom drama seemed as if it might droop and wither, but instead, the sixth season steamed with almost madcap energy, mixing Alicia’s newly fledged political campaign, a war of the roses between Alicia’s new firm and her old one, and the legal travails of Cary, her legal partner. Alicia isn’t quite so good anymore, and that makes “The Good Wife” all the better.
Designing a finance organization and its target operating model is not drawing boxes on a sheet of paper and is more than an organization chart that delineates the direct and indirect reporting relationships between different positions. Deloitte’s structured approach on Finance Organization provides a common view on the target business organization and defines or clarifies your vision and how the strategy can be operationalized.
CFOs also have to address multiple stakeholders and conduct their teams towards more business partnering, enhancing proactivity in seeking value creation for the organization from a Finance perspective. This deeply impacts how finance would like to execute its 4 main roles (also called “4 faces of the CFO”): Strategist, Operator, Steward and Catalyst.
- Finance organization structure: your organization’s efficiency and effectiveness is heavily determined by its organizational structure of which characteristics are the organization model (e.g. functional vs. process), the number of layers (organizational levels having supervisory responsibilities) and the span of control (the number of people reporting directly to one individual).
- Systems & information: we help you assess the level of maturity of your technology and identify areas for improving the way systems are supporting people and processes: process automation, simplification and system rationalization are key examples of areas of focus.
- Executive clarity - having a common language for communication, comparison & change as well as a clearly defined understanding of the business. It also outlines the future size & shape of the organization.
- Local finance transformation & optimization - opportunity to truly optimize the size, shape, structure and delivery of the business.
- Strategic finance cost reduction – deeper than short-term cost cutting, a review of all Finance & Operations (incl.sourcing) is required to fundamentally change the cost/income ratio.
- Getting the ‘house in order’ – anticipating in order to have a clear articulation of the organization’s composition and its’ base lining.
- Strategic re-orientation – systemic issues within the organization and major corporate re-directions will require some unconstrained thinking. Reorganizing the Finance enables this process.
- Acquisition consolidation – a Finance Reorganization will highlight where the operational and IT synergies will come from and support the integration process.